How does SelfDrive.In Work?
It's a 3 Step Process.
- Make a Booking Online.
- Submit the Required Documents.
- Get the car delivered a your door step.
How do I book a self-drive car Online?
What are the documents needed rent our Self-drive Car.
How do I submit the KYC (know your customer) documents?
You can submit the documents via.
- Email – Scan your documents and email it to us with your booking ID to email@example.com
- Whatts App – Take a picture of your documents and send it to 9422020588 with your booking ID.
- Dispatch manager – You can keep a photo copy ready and hand it over to us at the pickup time of your rental.
What are the Payment Options available for booking a self drive car?
You can make payments using your Credit Card / Debit Card / Net Banking.
Which are the Credit/Debit Cards accepted for booking?
Yes, we do accept
- American Express Cards International credit
- Debit cards
How secure is it to make the payments via credit card on Selfdrive.in?
All the payments are processed by HSBC Global Payments World Wide which is direct payment gateway and we as a merchant do not receive or store any of your card information.
What is the security deposit amount?
- Small Cars – Starts from Rs.6000 + (Depending on the car model).
- Medium – Starts from Rs.10000 + (Depending on the car model).
- MUV/SUV – Starts for Rs.20000 + (Depending on the car model).
How do I pay the security deposit amount & when will I be charged?
If your are paying Via
- Credit Card – It's a back end process. The amount will be kept on hold via pre-authorisation on your credit card at the date of the rental.
- Debit Card or Net Banking - The security deposit will be taken in advance while making the payments for the rentals.
How do I get the Security Amount Back to my Account?
If the deposit was paid via
- Credit Cards – The Amount will be refunded back to your credit card.
- Debit card / Net banking – The Amount will be refunded back to your Saving / Current Account.
How long would it take for the security deposit to be refunded?
Again, depending on the method of payment done
- Credit Cards : About 2 – 4 business working days to process the per-auth refund.
- Debit Cards / Net Banking – Deposit will be Processed for refund every Saturday, Credit By Monday to your Account.
What are the various car pick and drop options?
We deliver and pickup cars from 300+ location across Mumbai, Pune and Goa. These include hotels, airports, railway stations, or from your door step. You can also pick and drop the cars at our offices in Pune, Mumbai, Goa .
What is the minimum age required to hire a car?
The minimum age is 21 years for renting a car with valid driving license for at least 2 years with no endorsement.
Can a foreign national lease out a Selfdrive car? What are the essential documents required?
Yes, foreign nationals can lease out a Selfdrive cars as long as they have a valid international driving license and a passport.
How does the insurance work? Do I need to buy a seperate insurance ?
All cars are comprehensively insured and the rates are inclusive of the insurance cost. We do offer CDW insurance of zero libility for international clients.
Is there any restriction on the number of kilometers for the hourly / daily / monthly rentals?
Selfdrive.In offers unlimited kms. Kilometers offered are only restricted to state limits selected by the customer. However, the respective destination rates will be applicable, in case of a change in the travel destination and/ or state other than the one selected by the customer.
Who pays for the fuel and do you provide cars with fuel or is it included in the rental cost?
Cost of fuel to be entirely borne by renter. An amount of fuel will be given with the car the renter needs to return the car with the same amount of fuel or more if the car is to be picked up form the Clients given loaction.
What if we are unable to fuel up the tank while returning the car?
In such a situation, we will refuel and mail you the reciept copy, and the cost of fuel + a 10 % surcharge will be applicable towards your security deposit.
What are the things I need to check while taking the car?
Please ref to the fallowing details.
In case you find any issues with the above please notify the dispatch manager immediately.
- Take photos of all the sides of the car
- Mention any scratch or dent you notice.
- Check the fuel gauge and take a pic for future reference.
- Check the car papers
- RC Copy
- Insurance Copy
Can we have an additional driver and do we have to pay anything extra?
Yes, you can have an additional driver. You only need to inform us with a copy of his driving license, before you start your drive. We do not charge anything for attaching an extra driver.
What if I want to extend my booking?
All you need to do is just give us a call and will shall extend your booking from our end.
What if I wish to postpone or prepone my booking?
Just mail us the start date and time, and the end date and time. A small admin fee of Rs.500 will be applicable here.
What should I do in case of a car accident or break down?
In the unfortunate case of an accident, please take as many pictures of the vehicle and its surroundings as possible. This is will prove valuable in legal and insurance proceedings. Then, call our 24x7 Help Line No +91 20 25512300 / +91 9422020588. A back up car will be sent to help you, clients are requested to put up at a secured place till the time we reach your location.
What if I wish to cancel my booking?
If a booking needs to be cancelled-
- 5 days before the travel date- a 10% surcharge is applicable and the rest is refunded.
- 3 or 4 days before the travel date- a 50% Refund.
- 2 or 1 day before the travel date- no refund will be given on booking cancellation or change in travel dates (start or return) or change in duration or no show.
Do i get a refund if I return the car early ?
We do not process any refund once the car has been delivered. Any change in plans needs to be informed to the Selfdrive.in office.
What is Free Fuel Offer?
This offer is on selected car models and is a voucher / coupon : FREEFUEL that needs to be redeemed online only. The offered Amount will be Discounted Immediately
from the Rental Amount. Free Fuel offer is applicable for Hourly, Daily Rentals. Unlimited kms is offered on all the car models as standard.